Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Book Review - Sleeping with Paris

Sleeping with Paris – By Juliette Sobanet


Charlotte Summers quit her job and was ready to begin her new journey in Paris. What a dream, engaged to a hot shot lawyer and ready to spend the next year living her dream of studying at Sorbonne University in France.  What can possibly go wrong? You name it, it happened. No job, no fiancée, no home.

I won’t tell you what happened but let’s just say Charlotte learned many lessons on how to deal with a broken heart. We all find ourselves in self-loathing sadness that comes after a harsh breakup that we never saw coming. I have to give it to Charlotte for having the brass balls to actually get on that plane to Paris, alone. But once she’s there, her anger, her hurt, and her vengefulness get the best of her. Charlotte finds a perfect outlet on how to get her message across on how not to ever get hurt.  Of course you can’t be in the city of love and not find it literally feeding you chocolate…Le sigh.. But once your heart is hurt it is blind to the other possibilities life has for you.

I absolutely adored this book. Having a cheating ex myself I can totally relate and completely understood her reaction to the world. I got to thinking could I have seen the signs? What did I do? But as I read Charlotte’s journey to rediscovery  I discovered that some pains don’t happen because of what we did; some pains happen because there are selfish pricks that just think the world revolves around them. OK so .. I’m still a bit bitter but it’s ok. I was able to laugh and cheer and say YAY, GIRL POWER!  It was beautiful to see just how she turned so many negatives into positives. I would recommend this book as a great, fun, light hearted summer read. I've shared this book with all my friends and hope they like it as much as I did. Not only did it make me laugh out loud as I rode on public transportation or make me cheer for her when she would be so bold but it also made me remember the misery I felt and how I never want to feel like that or let anyone effect me like that again. No matter what happens, in the end we have the ultimate control.  

 
I can’t wait to open up the next book Kissed in Paris.

What did you think of Sleeping with Paris? Would you do what she did if your heart was broken enough? Love is blind.. but so is revenge.

You can find Juliette Sobanet on Twitter, her blog

Do you have books you are loving this summer? Tweet us or like us on Facebook... Share your thougts and book recommendations with us.


Don't forget to check out my Blog: Mom of Tornado.

*Disclosure: No compensation was received for this post. All opinions expressed are solely my own.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the wonderful review Letty! I'm so happy you connected with Charlotte's journey, though I'm sorry you had to go through something similar! I really appreciate you taking the time to post such a fabulous review:)

    ReplyDelete