Monday, June 11, 2012

Finding love at any age

The Right Thing, by Donna McDonald was available for free on Amazon this past weekend. I made sure I took advantage of that special offer. I have bought several of her books like the "Never Too Late Series" and The Next Song I Sing and those books did not disappoint. I was excited to see how this book played out.

After reading a couple pages of the book, I have to be honest and say that I was leary to read about senior citizens falling in love. Which wasn't the case, by the way. I prejudged the book just by the 1st chapter. I know it sounds horrible of me to say. I guess romance books to me, is more of young love (20's-50's). Going back to the Senior Citzen romance comment earlier, I thought I would be put off, or get a mental imagine of my parents. Gratefully none of that occurred. The romance and love of the senior citizens in this book was tastefully and respectfully done. It was very endearing actually. Reading that particular story line, I felt so loved. I caught myself "Awww-ing" at times. I hope I can experience the love that she wrote about at that age. Thank you Donna for showing me that at ANY AGE, LOVE is achievable.

So let me give you a quick  breakdown of the book. No worries, I have a no spoilers policy.

Morgan Reed is a man whose job as a fraud agent has jaded him from seeing that people can be good without any motives. He avoids relationships and prefers, umm what do you call that??? Oh yeah, booty calls. Due to a job injury, he decides to recover at his dad's place in Sedona, Arizona. He soon realizes that his dad, Gerald Reed, is the Don Juan of Sedona. His dad has more lady friends than Morgan has had in months. Morgan discovers that his dad withdraws the same amount of cash every month. The fraud agent in him kicks into gear and he desperately tries to figure out who's scamming his dad. Gerald doesn't trust his son's hardening heart to reveal his secret. In the process of Morgan's twisted investigation he becomes acquainted with Thea CarMichael who is lovely, sweet and a widow of 10 yrs. Not to mention that she is 10 yrs his senior. Cougar perhaps? He becomes a support for Thea with her struggling restaurant and her (ahem) personal needs as well. In the midst of all this his dad, Gerald, is going through a love triangle. What can I say the man has a lot of love to give. Actually, that storyline is very moving. My heart did swell up on certain parts. This book was not just about romance but had a good message "To live life to the fullest." In all the chaos and secrecy, did Morgan become a man with a heart? So you'll just have to read to find out. If I keep writing I might just get carried away and divulge more than I should.

 Ciao Bella's, Molly

 **Just on a side note, my new favorite word, courstey of this book is...Wididity. "It refers to widows who grow their virginity back by not having sex for years.(pg. 216)"**

1 comment:

  1. Oh Snap I missed the free book offer over the weekend. I will keep my eye out for it again.

    ReplyDelete