Thursday, June 28, 2012

Reading & Winen meets Magic Mike

Special Screening event of Magic Mike

I’ve never been to an advanced screening of a movie so imagine my surprise when I received the tickets for the one movie this single mom would have found a sitter to go see. SCORE! Even better was when I would not have to fight the hoard of men and women coming out on opening night to also check out the beauty that is Magic Mike. 


Magic Mike, starring Channing Tatum as Mike, the stripper Entrepreneur, and Matthew McConaughey  as Dallas, the Head honcho of his male strip review. The movie also stars, Alex Pettyfer, Gabriel Iglesisas, Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer, Adam Rodriguez, and a huge surprise to me, Kevin Nash. The movie was directed by Steven Soderbergh and written by Reid Carolin.  Magic Mike is a story inspired by Tatum as a young, male stripper. Mike is a hot, business savvy guy enjoying the good life that stripping has afforded him. Women, drugs and money surround his life. The Kid is a down on his luck college drop out who gets wrapped up in Mike's life after a chance meeting.

As soon as the theater went dark and the movie started to roll, the ladies in the audience were ready to see it all. I won’t give up all the juicy details but let’s just say, "LADIES, DON’T BLINK". The hooting and hollering was infections and soon I too was giggling from the excitement of the hotties on the screen. Now, it’s not all strippers and booze; there is a story line. I might actually have to watch it again because for the most part my mind was straight in the gutter. How could it not be with Tatum’s very impressive dance moves that included a lot of belly rolls and hip trusting? For those that have been to male strip joints, it bring back memories and for those that have never been, it might give them the itch to actually check one out. I won’t be surprised if the local male strip joints see a boost in business.

Just like all stripper type movies there is a basic model - stripper gets wrapped up in a life he can’t handle.  Personally, I feel they could have added another 30 min of script to it to evolve the story line a bit more. But you won’t really care much about that once you see the final dance.

Being a single mom I don’t get a chance to see many movies, but I would definitely recommend this flick. Who doesn't want to see glorious smooth and tanned behinds gyrating to the beats of Ginuwine and classics like It’s Raining Men? Make it a night out with your besties because after the movie I guarantee you won’t want to just go home.




Molly & Letty at Magic Mike Screening


In Theaters: Jun 29, 2012 nationwide
Rated R; 1 hr. 50 min.
Warner Bros. Pictures

Want to see more movie reviews? Let us know..




Follow Letty on Twitter at @Katiiz95 
Read my personal blog - www.momoftornado.wordpress.com



Disclaimer: All opinions expressed in this article are solely of my own and not influenced in any way by anyone. No compensation was received for this post. Free screening passes were received via gofobo.com and courtesy of KMVQ - 99.7 [NOW!]

No comments:

Post a Comment